Om Prakash Kaptan
Date of Joining: 30.11 2015
Academic record & distinction
Integrated BS-MS (Geological Sciences), Department of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, 2009-2014.
Areas of Specialization
Metamorphic Petrology, Petrography, Mineralogy.
1. Teaching Assistant, Department of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata for spring, 2014 and autumn, 2013 Semester.
1. Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Fellowship, (ARN: DST/INSPIRE/03/2014/000673) for PhD by DST, GoI, 2014. (DECLINED)
2. CSIR - Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) in Earth Sciences 2013.
3. GATE in Geology & Geophysics.
4. DST-INSPIRE Scholarship during BS-MS (2009-2014).
5. Qualified in EML list of IIT-JEE’09 conducted by IITs.
1. Chatterjee, C., Vadlamani, R., and Kaptan, O. P. (2016). Paleoproterozoic Cordilleran-style accretion along the south eastern margin of the eastern Dharwar craton: Evidence from the Vinjamuru arc terrane of the Krishna orogen, India. Lithos, 263, 122-142.