Dr. Niladri Bag
Date of Joining:10.02.2016
Academic record & distinction
M.Sc: Kanpur University, India
PhD: H.N.B. Garhwal University, India
Awards/ Distinctions received:
- Recipient of the second O-CHA (tea) Pioneer Academic Research Grant 2002-2003, from the “Secretariat of the World Green Tea Association”,Shizuoka Prefecture Government, Shizuoka, Japan.
- SERC Fast Track Young Scientist 2001-2002 award of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- Recipient of National Scholarship (1982-1984), Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India, during Higher Secondary (H.S.).
Areas of Specialization:
Plant Tissue Culture, Plant cell & protoplast culture, Commercial Micro-propagation & Crop improvement.
PhD Research: 02 awarded, 02 registered
M.Sc. Desertion: 10 plus awarded
Number of Publications & Projects:
Publications in Research Journals: 26; Books: 03; Book chapters: 10; Popular articles: 01; Research projects: 07.
- SherpaT., Sharma L., Bag N. and Das S. (2021) Isolation, Characterization, and Evaluation of Native Rhizobacterial Consortia Developed From the Rhizosphere of Rice Grown in Organic State Sikkim, India, and Their Effect on Plant Growth. Frontiers in Microbiology 12: 1-15. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2021.713660 (Impact Factor: 5.64).
- Gurung K., Dasila K., Pandey A. and Bag N. (2020) Curvularia eragrostidis – a new threat to Large Cardamom (Amomum subulatum ) causing leaf blight in Sikkim, J Bio Sci (2020) 45:113 (DOI: 10.1007/s12038-020-00086-7 (Impact Factor: 1.826).
- Rai O., Rana M. and Bag N. (2021) Micropropagation of Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia reginae Ait.). Natl. Acad. Sci. Lett. 44(5): 447–451 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40009-020-01023-w (Impact Factor: 0.788).
- Bag N., Palni LMS and Nandi SK (2019) An efficient method for acclimatization: In vitro hardening of tissue culture raised tea plants [Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze], Current Science 117(2): 288-293 (Impact Factor: 1.102).
- Bag A. and Bag N. (2019) Antimetastatic Properties of Tea Polyphenols, Nutrition and Cancer, pp. 1-12, https://doi.org/10.1080/01635581.2019.1638426 (Impact Factor: 2.614).
- Bag N., Chandra S., Palni L.M.S. and Nandi S.K. (2000) Micrpropropagation of Dev-ringal (Thamnocalamus spathiflorus [(Trin.) Munro] - a temperate bamboo, and comparison of in vitro propagated plants and seedlings. Plant Sci. 156: 125-135. (Impact Factor: 3.59).
- Pandey A., Palni L.M.S. and Bag N. (2000) Biological hardening of tissue culture raised tea plants through rhizosphere bacteria. Biotech. Letters 22: 1087-1091. (Impact Factor: 1.977).
- Bag N. and Palni L.M.S. (2010) A two-step and highly reproducible procedure for in vitro rooting of micropropagated tea [Camellia sinensis L. (O) Kuntze] shoots. J. Hort. Sci. & Biotech: 85 (3) 197–204. (Impact Factor: 1.484).
- Begum F., Paul S., Bag N., Sikder S.R. and Sen S.K. (1995) Somatic hybrids between Brassica juncea (L). Czern and Deplotaxis hara (Forsk.) Boiss and the generation of backcross progenies. Theor. Appl. Genet. 91: 1167-1172 (Impact Factor: 5.45).
- Bag A. and Bag N. (2008) Target Sequence Polymorphism of Human Manganese Superoxide Dismutase Gene and Its Association with Cancer Risk: A Review. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 17(12): 3298-3305. (Impact Factor: 4.43).