All information provided in the official website of Sikkim University at www.cus.ac.in is for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the University and any person or entity unless otherwise specified.
Information on the official website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, Sikkim University makes no guarantees of any kind.
In no circumstances, to the fullest extent permitted at law, shall Sikkim University or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising or suffered as a result of any use of this website or the information, content, or services made available in or through the website. Relevant Administrative Sections and Academic Departments of Sikkim University may be consulted for accurate information.
SIKKIM UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) RESOURCES AND INTERNET FACILITY USAGE POLICY
Definition of Sikkim University IT resources and Internet facility: It comprises of all computer hardware, software, network, storage, email facility, internet access facility or any other electronic devices used for accessing digital data.
The following clauses are applicable and binding to all the users who are using Sikkim University IT resources and Internet facility:
- Users are prohibited from creating, viewing, accessing, attempting to access, storing, transmitting, receiving or displaying unlawful and malicious material either electronically or in hard copy using the University IT resources and internet facility.
- The University IT resources and Internet facility may not be used directly or indirectly by a user for the download, creation, manipulation, transmission or storage of:
- any violent, indecent or lewd images, video, text or any other data, or any data capable of being resolved into lewd, violent or indecent contents.
- materials which are unlawful, derogatory, intimidating and discriminatory in nature.
- unsolicited emails containing malicious contents.
- material which can be used to assist in any work of harassment, bullying and/or victimisation of a member of the University or a third party.
- material which promotes discrimination on the basis of gender, religion or belief, disability, race, age, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination in general.
- material with the intent to deceive or which is likely to deceive others.
- material which supports or endorses any unlawful act.
- material that infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of a third party, or that is in breach of a legal duty owed to another party.
- material that brings the University into disrepute.
3. The University IT resources and Internet facility may not be used for any form of commercial activities.
4. The University IT resources and Internet facility may not be used for any other activities that are unlawful in nature and violates government and University norms, practices, rules and regulations.
In the event of a breach of any of the above clause(s), University will not be held liable under any circumstances and the concerned user whose action has led to the breach will be solely liable for punitive actions which includes investigation by any government agency and legal action. University also reserve it’s right to take disciplinary action against the person.
Therefore, all users of the University IT resources and Internet facility are requested to adhere to the above clauses