Dr.. Rajesh Kumar
Date of Joining: 08-12-2015
Academic record & distinction
M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture(Vegetable Science) obtained in first division from Narendra Deva University of Agriculture & Technology, Kumarganj, Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
Ph. D. Horticulture(Olericulture) obtained with first class with distinction from Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, Bhagalpur, Bihar.
Areas of Specialization
Vegetable Breeding, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Organic Farming
PhD Research: 01 registered
M.Sc. Desertion: 10 plus awarded
Publications & Projects:
Publications in Research Journals: 19; Books: 02; Book chapters: 02; Popular articles: 01; Research projects: 01.
- Rajesh Kumar, Sushmita Chhetri, Bahadur Singh Bamaniya, Jitendra Kumar Kushwah and Rahul Kumar Verma. (2021). Molecular tools for Bacterial wilt resistance in Tomato. In: Biotic stress management in Tomato (Biotechnological Approaches) in the series- Innovation in Horticultural Science. Apple Academic Press, CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), USA.Pp. - 25-42.
- Ankita Debnath, Rajesh Kumar, SitaKumari Prasad and Nisha Sharma. (2021). Genetic variation and character association study among morphological and biochemical traits of tomato (SolanumlycopersicumL.) genotypes. The Bioscan. 16(1): 69-75.
- Rajesh Kumar, Maneesh Pal Singh, Niladri Bag, Laxuman Sharma and Bahadur Singh Bamaniya. (2020).Invasive pest Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) on Tomato- Alert in Sikkim. Indian Journal of Entomology. 82(3): 593-594.
- Ankita Debnath, Rajesh Kumar, Sita Kumari Prasad, Nisha Sharma and Jitendra Kumar Kushwah. (2020).Multivariate analysis for genetic diversity estimation among tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) Genotypes. Ecology, Environment & Conservation. 26(3): 1208-1211.
- Nisha Sharma, KD Bhutia, Rajesh Kumar, Sita Kumari Ankita Debnath and Malay Marut Sharma. (2020).Polygenic variation for morphological and biochemical traits of brinjal genotypes (Solanum melongena L.) and its wild relatives. The Bioscan. 15(3): 303-309.
- Rajesh Kumar, Randhir Kumar, BD Prasad, SS Solankey, Jitesh Kumar and BS Bamaniya (2018). Genetic variation study using morphological and DNA marker based Genotyping in Bottle Gourd (Lagenaria siceraria (Mol.) Standl.). Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 31(2): 1-10.
doi: 10.9734/ CJAST/ 2018/45876.
- BS Bamaniya, S Shree, RB Verma, Rajesh Kumar and RK Verma (2018). Polygenic Variations and Character Association Studies in Garlic. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 31(3): 1-8. doi: 10.9734/CJAST/2018/45901.
- RK Verma, Priti Kumari, Vijay Kumar, RB Verma, Nisha Rani and Rajesh Kumar (2018). Principal component analysis in Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.). Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. SP-7-1-470: 974-979.
- Uzma Khatoon, JK Kushwaha, Vivek Yadav, Rajesh Kumar and RK Verma (2017). Genetic Variability for fruit yield and yield related traits in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 23: S349-S353.
- Uzma Khatoon, JK Kushwaha, Laxuman Sharma, Yamuna Pandey and Rajesh Kumar (2017). Synthetic seed technology in Vegetables- A Review. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 23: S127-S138.