Rajesh Raj S.N.
Designation: Associate Professor
Date of Joining: 24/06/2014
Academic record & distinction
MA, MPhil (University of Kerala)
PhD (IIT Madras)
Visiting Scholar, UNU-WIDER, Helsinki, March-May, 2020
Dr. V K R V Rao Prize in Economics, 2014 by the ISEC, Bangalore and ICSSR, New Delhi.
Honorary Research Fellow, SEED, University of Manchester, 2014-2017.
Areas of Specialization
Industrial Economics, Labour Economics, Firm Dynamics, Informal Economy, Small Business Credit Market
- Small Firm Ownership and Credit Constraints in India, (with S. Sasidharan), Oxon and New York: Routledge, 2021, ISBN: 978-0-367-13512-6 (hbk)pages xvi+199
- Out of the Shadows? The Informal Manufacturing in Post-Reform India, (with K. Sen), New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2016, ISBN-13:978-0-19-946084-7 (hbk),pages xx+260
- Gender, small firm ownership, and credit access: some insights from India, (with K. Chaudhuri and S. Sasidharan), Small Business Economics, 2020, Vol. 54, pp.1165-1181
- How Mobile Are Workers across Informal and Formal Jobs in India?, (with S. Schotte and K. Sen), Economic and Political Weekly, 2020, Vol. LV. No. 46, pp. 40-48.
- Unmaking ‘Make in India’: Weak Governance, Good Deals and Their Economic Impact, (with S.Kar and K. Sen), Economic and Political Weekly, 2020, Vol. LV, No.11, pp. 43-53.
- The “Missing Middle” Problem in Indian Manufacturing: What Role Do Institutions Play?, (with K.Sen), Economic and Political Weekly, 2020, Vol. LV. No. 16, pp.51-60.