Prof. Laxuman Sharma
Date of Joining: 23.06.2014
Academic record & distinction
First Class First in B.Sc. (Horticulture), First Class in M.Sc. (Horticulture), PhD from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Areas of Specialization
Organic and Hill Horticulture, Fruit Science, Microbial Biotechnology
PhD Research: 02 awarded, 05 registered
M.Sc. Desertion: 10 plus awarded
Number of Publications & Projects:
Publications in Journals: 55; Book chapters: 07; Extension Bulletins: 20; Research projects: 10
- Sherpa MT, Sharma L. Bag N, Das S. 2021. Isolation, characterization, and evaluation of native rhizobacterial consortia developed from the rhizosphere of rice grown in organic state Sikkim, India, and their effect on plant growth. Frontiers in Microbiology. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2021.713660.
- Panneerselvam P, Senapati A, Sharma L, et.al. 2021. Understanding rice growth-promoting potential of Enterobacter spp. isolated from long-term organic farming soil in India through a supervised learning approach. Current Research in Microbial Sciences, Vol. 2: 100035 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crmicr.2021.100035
- Panneerselvam P, Senapati A, Kumar U, Sharma L, Lepcha P et. al. 2019. Antagonistic and plant growth promoting novel Bacillus species from long term organic farming soils from Sikkim, India. 3 biotech.9 (11): 1-12.
- Pradhan A, Sharma L, Tiwari A, Chettri P. 2019. Characterization of pectin extracted from Citrus reticulata L. Blanco collected from different altitudes of Sikkim Himalaya. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 11 (1), 168-181
- Pradhan A, Sharma L,, Bhutia SG, Sherpa, ND. 2019. Characterization of essential oil from the peel of three citrus species grown in Sikkim Himalaya. Journal of Applied Horticulture. 21 (2), 157-163
- Khatoon U and Sharma L. 2019. Anti-oxidant activity, nutritional, multielemental and bioactive profile of Sikkim Himalayan indigenous Chili (DalleKhursani). Research Journal of Biotechnology. 14 (4): 65-72.
- Singh AK, Srivastava JK, Chandel AK, Sharma L, Mallick N, Singh SP. 2019. Biomedical applications of microbially engineered polyhydroxyalkanoates: An insight into recent advances, bottlenecks, and solutions. Applied microbiology and biotechnology 103 (5): 2007-2032
- Khatoon U and Sharma L.Dubey RK. 2018. Assessment of Bioactive Compounds, Antioxidative Activity and Quantification of Phenols through HPLC in Solanum Species. Studies in Ethno Medicine 12(2): 87-95
- Khatoon U and Sharma L.2018. Nutritional and multi elemental profile of indigenous and underutilized Solanum spp. of Sikkim, India. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 48 (3): 467-473
- Singh AK, Sharma L, Mallick N, Mala J. 2017. Progress and challenges in producing polyhydroxyalkanoate biopolymers from cyanobacteria. Journal of Applied Phycology 29 (3): 1213-1232