Dr. Abdul Hannan
Designation: Assistant Professor
Date of Joining: 29.03.2012
Academic record & distinction
MA & M.Phil. (Geography), North-Eastern Hill University
Ph.D. (Regional Development), Jawaharlal Nehru University
Ph.D. Topic: Employment Conditions in the Small Tea Plantations (STPs) and their impact on the Household Economy.
Areas of Specialization
Economic Geography, Agricultural Geography and Geographies of Development
- Awarded Short-Term Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Sept-Dec, 2008), Centre for Studies in Social Sciences (CSSSC), Kolkata and supported by the Navajbai Ratan Tata Trust (NRTT).
- Awarded of Certificate of Appreciation for the University Development Project by the Founding Vice-Chancellor, Sikkim University (2012) at 5th Foundation Day of Sikkim University on July 02, 2012.
- Awarded for Best Publication in School of Human Sciences (2017) at 10th Foundation Day of Sikkim University on July 02, 2017.
- Awarded Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2017-19), New Delhi under Salary Protection Scheme of ICSSR, New Delhi.
- Hannan, A. (2019). Farm Size and Trade Relations of Small Tea Growers (STGs) in Assam and North Bengal, Social Change and Development, Vol. XVI, No. 2, Jul. 2019, pp. 78-99, Omeo Kumar Das Institute of Social Change and Development (ICSSR), Guwahati (Peer-Reviewed: ISSN 0975-4016).
[online at https://www.okd.in/downloads/jr_19_july/article-5.pdf].
- Hannan, A. (2019). The Place of Small Tea Growers (STGs) in Tea Production in India: Policy, Practice and Success, North Eastern Geographer, Vol. 40 No. 1 & 2, pp. 16-28, published by the North-East India Geographical Society (NEIGS), Guwahati (Peer-Reviewed; ISSN 0973-0915).
[Journal Homepage: http://northeasterngeographer.co.in/]
- Hannan, A. (2020). Governance and Sustainability of Industrial Cooperative (INDCO) Tea Factories in Nilgiris in the Post-Reform Period, Hill Geographer, Vol. XXXVI, No. 2, pp. 41-50 published by the Geographical Society of the North-Eastern Hill Region, Shillong (Peer-Reviewed & UGC-CARE; ISSN 0970-5023).
[Journal Homepage: http://www.hillgeographer.in/]
- Hannan, A. (2018). Geography of Informal Trade, Commodity Flows and Livelihoods in Indo-Nepal Border (A case of Dhulabari, Bagdogra and Siliguri Corridor), Journal of Business Management and Compliance, Vol. 1 No. 2, Jul-Dec. 2018, pp. 7-29, published by OSDER Publications, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Peer Reviewed; ISSN 2523-1413)
[online at http://www.osderpublications.com/uploads/1568726955.pdf]
Research & Consultancy Projects
- “Smallholders in Plantations: Changing Organizational Structure and the Challenges” (2010-11) by National Research Programme on Plantation Development (NRPPD), supported by Ministry of Commerce & Industry (GOI) at Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum (Completed).
- “Mid-Term Appraisal of 11th Five Year Plan for the State of Sikkim” (2011-12) supported by Planning Commission of India, New Delhi and worked as Team Leader for the State of Sikkim (Completed).
- “Agriculture, Vegetable Economy and Livelihoods of Vegetable Growers of Sikkim” (2021) supported by Sikkim University Research Award (Ongoing).