Mr. Snehal Ajit Ulman
Designation: Assistant Professor
Date of Joining: 18th February 2021
Academic Record &Distinction:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal.
- Master of Arts, School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Master of Philosophy, School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.Thesis Title: The Role of Political Rhetoric in Shaping Chinese Mindset: Perspectives from 2002 to 2015.
- Doctor of Philosophy, School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.Thesis Title: Political Phrases under President Xi Jinping’s Leadership and China’s Policy towards India (2012-2017). (submitted)
- Awarded Chinese Government Scholarship by China Scholarship Council in 2020.
- Qualified University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test& awarded Junior Research Fellowship in June 2014.
- Awarded Chinese Government Scholarship by China Scholarship Council and Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2012.
- Cleared the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 6 by Hanban, China in April 2013.
- Completed Advanced Chinese Refresher Course in Harbin Normal University, Harbin, China from 2012 to 2013 securing 93.50%.
- Actively involved in publishing videos on YouTube online platform under the channel name “Nation-State Dialogue” from the year 2020. Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnMxv7DbAWoEeStHllbbR_w
- Organised an International Conference on “Changing World Order: India and China in Contemporary Times” at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, on 14-15 April 2017, in the capacity of a Research Associate.
- Languages Known: Chinese, English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Sanskrit
Areas of Specialization:
Chinese Language, Literature and Culture Studies, India - China Relations, Politics of Language, Chinese Political Rhetoric, Interpretation and Translation in Chinese.
- Article:Ulman, Snehal Ajit. (2020). “'China Dream': Xi Jinping's Flagship Rhetoric for Achieving 'Socialism with Chinese Characteristics in the New Era'”, Shodh Sarita, Volume Volume 7, Issue 28, pp. 23-28.
- Co-edited Volume:Kochhar, G., & Ulman, S.A. (Eds.). (2020). India and China: Economics and Soft Power Diplomacy (1st ed.), Routledge India. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429320538
- Co-authored Book:Kochhar, Geeta, Ulman, Snehal Ajit & Nayak, Somya. (2017). 1000強漢語詞彙手冊 (1000 Powerful Chinese Lexicon), New Sharing Publishing Co. Ltd, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Article:Ulman, Snehal Ajit. (2017). “在印大學構建新的中文教法的重要性:經驗與建議 (The Importance of a New Chinese Pedagogy in Indian Universities: Experiences and Suggestions)”, The First India-Taiwan Bilateral Forum on the Mandarin Chinese Course Materials for Indian Learners, pp. 75-83