The Health Center was started with the appointment of a Medical Officer and a Staff Nurse in the month of May 2012. It started functioning in a one room structure at the Ground Floor of the New Evaluation Block, 5th mile, Tadong. At present, the Health Care Centre is situated adjacent to the Kanchendzonga Management Block, 6th mile, Tadong, Gangtok. Presently the health center is functioning with three rooms and five staff i.e Chief Medical Officer,Senior Medical Officer, Staff nurse,Nursing Attendant, Pharmacist and MTS.
- Outpatient clinic: The outpatient needs of the students, employees and their dependents are taken care of at the Outpatient Clinic. Minor procedures are also done during the same. Timings: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, weekdays.
- Emergency facilities: The students, employees and their dependents are given emergency services via consultation in the Health Centre and telephonic consultation 24x7.
- Inpatient facilities: The students, employees and their dependents are provided with daycare facilities in the clinic itself. Students are provided with inpatient facility in CRH, SMIMS as per the MoU.
- Dispensary: the Centre houses all essential drugs, both oral and injectables. Drugs are dispensed by the Pharmacist as per the prescription of the Medical Officer.
- Ambulance facility: Ambulance/Vehicle is provided for medical emergency purposes.Senior Medical Officer to be contacted for ambulance facility.
- First Aid Kit can be availed in the Health Center for field trip.
- Covid Isolation Center
a. Landline 03592-251056
b. Senior Medical Officer: 9734556371
Incase of non availability of S.M.O,Kindly contact CMO at 7001017871