1. MoU with INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad for Shodhganga
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad on 1st March 2012 to take part in the process of digitization of old theses and dissertations and building-up of digital repository and to promote, share and host its ETD in “Shodhganga: A reservoir of Indian theses submitted to the Universities in India” and other Universities in open access.
2. MoU with MaulanaAbulKalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS), Kolkata
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Maulana Azad Institute of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS), Kolkata on 17th December 2013 with common goals related to research activities in the area of social science research and seek to develop collaborations and exchange between themselves in the areas of shared research interest and expertise. Both the organizations have agreed to work together on the following set of objectives:
- This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) serves as a written understanding of mutually agreed principles, between the MAKAIAS and the SU to guide the academic and research activities between two institutions.
- The general purpose of this collaboration is to stimulate and provide research opportunity to the post-graduate, MPhil, and PhD students, and also other senior researchers, in increasing the effectiveness in social science research in North-east India and its neighbourhoods, jointly organize seminars, conferences, and academic workshops on topics of mutual interests, publish books, monographs, seminar and workshop volumes, etc., and disseminateknowledge.
- The specific purpose of this collaboration is to set up aMaulanaAzad Centre for Research on Northeast Indiaat SU, which will function as a nodal centre for coordinating the research activities in Sikkim state on North-east India & its neighbourhoods funded by the MAKAIAS and maintain a close collaborative relation with the MAKAIAS, Kolkata, West Bengal.
3. Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA), New Delhi and Sikkim University
Sikkim University signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) New Delhi on 22ndApril, 2012. The MOU explores possibilities between the parties on possible collaborations on various research projects, joint organization of seminars and conferences, exchange of faculties and students and other professional, technical and academic collaboration benefitting both the institutions. The Memorandum also seeks joint publications by researchers/faculty members of the institutions. The MOU gives vast opportunities for Sikkim University to work with one of the most prominent research institutions in the country.
4. Collaborative Agreement with CABI Europe – UK
Sikkim University entered into a Collaborative Agreement with CABI E-UK (a UK based Intergovernmental organization) on 1stJuly 2013 for facilitating research activities in the Department of Horticulture. Under this Agreement, CABI funded an amount of £4,500 to incur the expenditures related to the research activities which continued upto 31.12.2014. The Agreement has been further extended till 31.12.2020 for completion of the research project.
5. MoU with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi on 24th September 2014 for creation of an Endowment Fund with a corpus of ₹1,25,000/- and to institute a gold plated medal to be awarded to the topper of B.Com (Honours) at every Convocation of the University.
6. Academic Collaboration with National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
Sikkim University entered into academic collaboration on 26thOctober2016 with National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan through its Biomedical Research Institute, Japan on the following areas of cooperative academic engagement:
- Exchange information on research and education programmes, teaching and learning material etc;
- Jointly organize short-term continuing education programmes, seminar, conferences and workshops on topics of mutual interest and invite each other’s researches to participate;
- Jointly propose and engage in research or training programmes sponsored by funding agencies and to exchange on a reciprocal basis researchers and students for limited period;
7. Agreement between the Institute of Company Secretaries of India – Eastern India Regional Office (ICSI) and Sikkim University (SU)
Sikkim University entered into an Agreement with Institute of Company Secretaries of India – Eastern India Regional Office (ICSI) on 29th November 2016 for setting up of a Study Centre of ICSI at the premises of the University christened as “ICSI-SU Study Centre”.
8. MoU between Sikkim University and Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
Sikkim University entered into MoU with Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior on 11th July 2016 to promote mutual cooperation in educational and research activities and establish a framework for programmes of exchanges and collaboration in areas of tourism for mutual benefit. The following are the key areas of cooperation:
- Joint Research Programme
- Joint holding of Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Training/Symposia etc.
- Faculty exchange programme
- Student exchange programme
- Research scholar exchange programme
- Exchange of knowledge resource
9. Memorandum of Understanding with Royal Thimphu College, Thimphu, Bhutan
The University entered into MoU with Royal Thimphu College, Thimphu, Bhutan on 17thAugust 2016 for the purpose of facilitating academic collaboration and exchange activities with the following goals as agreed upon:
- To enrich the educational environment of both institutions through, but not limited to, student and faculty exchanges, collaborative research works, academic field trips, short courses, summer/winter schools, and break-term programmes (e.g., winter, spring).
- To increase educational opportunities through teaching, research, seminars, workshops, publications, etc.
- To promote research collaborations through sharing of information, samples, digital records, data, photographs etc.
- To improve inter-institutional contacts by facilitating access to field areas, libraries, laboratories and through intellectual exchanges.
- To provide both parties with more and better information about each other in order to improve inter-institutional understanding.
10. Collaborative Agreement between Sikkim University and Food Security & Agriculture Development Department (FSADD), Govt. of Sikkim
The Collaborative Agreement was signed on 6th March 2017 with the purpose for setting up of a Biofertilizer and Quality Control Lab by the FSADD, Govt. of Sikkim at the premises of Sikkim University under the control of the Department of Horticulture. Under this Agreement, Sikkim University acting as a Collaborator shall provide services to the FSADD, Govt. of Sikkim as per the terms and conditions agreed upon. Since works under this Collaborative Agreement are due for completion, both the Institutions mutually agreed to enter into a fresh Collaborative Agreement for a further period of five years w.e.f. 15.01.2020.
11. MoU with Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
MoU was entered with Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (NIT) located at Deorali, Gangtok, East Sikkim on 6th July 2017 for mutual benefit of both the institutions in the areas of certification, research, education and training, including undertaking of collaborative research in fields of mutual interest.
12. MoU with National Council of Rural Institutes, Hyderabad
Sikkim University entered into MoU with National Council of Rural Institutes (NCRI), Hyderabad on 28th July 2017 with the purpose of fulfilling a common vision of collaborative academic activity and to establish a working relationship in providing mutual guidance and research towards building of resilient rural India. Through this MoU, both the Institutes aims to collaboratively conduct workshops and share faculty and material resources.
13. MoU with National Research Centre for Orchids, Pakyong, East Sikkim
Sikkim University entered into MoU with National Research Centre for Orchids (NRCO) Pakyong, East Sikkimestablished by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi on 1st September 2017 with the purpose to provide research opportunity to the students and scholars of either institution in increasing the effectiveness of teaching and research in orchids, jointly organise seminars, conferences, and academic workshops on topics of mutual interests, publish books, monographs, seminar and workshop volumes, etc., and disseminate knowledge relating mainly but not limited to orchids.
14. Agreement on Mutual Academic and Educational Cooperation with Sikkim Manipal University
An Agreement on Mutual Academic and Educational Cooperation was signed with Sikkim Manipal University on 14th Nov. 2019. The objective of this agreement is to foster collaboration between the two Institutions in the field of Management, Basic Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Allied Health Sciences, Medical Science & Technology and potential industrial application thereof to facilitate advancement of knowledge on the basis of reciprocity, best effort, mutual benefit and frequent interactions.
15. MoU with Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development
An MoU was signed on 2nd October 2019 with Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development with the general purpose to provide research opportunity to the students and researchers of both institutions in increasing the effectiveness of teaching and research, jointly organise seminars, conferences and academic workshops on topics of mutual interests, publish books, monographs, seminar and workshop volumes etc., and knowledge dissemination.
16. MoU with G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development
An MoU was signed on 13th September 2019 with G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development to undertake joint research projects and academic activities between the two Institutions focussing focused by and large on the issues relevant to the Eastern Himalaya with due consideration of geo-environmental conditions, ecosystem approach, community participation, socio-economics, participatory/rapid rural appraisal, sustainable development and capacity building on low-cost mountain farming/allied technologies.
17. MoU with Biotech Park
An MoU was signed on 4th September 2019 with Biotech Park, Lucknow with the purpose for academic collaboration between the two Institutions for sharing of resources and expertise to promote Biotechnology related research, human resource development and sharing of resources and expertise in broad areas of Biotechnology related to Health, Agriculture, Industrial Application, Environment & Energy.
18. MoU with Center for Human Security Studies
An MoU was signed on 19th April 2019 withCenter for Human Security Studies, Hyderabad for academic and professional collaborations. The scope of activities under the MoU shall be to organize Seminars/Workshops/ Conferences, joint research projects & orientation, internships for students and projects/policy formulations.