Dr. Bhoj Kumar Acharya
Date of Joining: 08.06.2023
Academic record & distinction
MSc (Zoology) North Bengal University
PhD (Biodiversity & Ecology) Salim Ali Center for Ornithology and Natural History affiliated to Bharathiar University
PhD Topic: “Bird Communities and their Distribution Pattern along the Elevation Gradient of Teesta Valley, Sikkim”
Areas of Specialization
Biodiversity & Ecology
- Sharma, K., Acharya, B.K., Sharma, G., Valente, D., Pasimeni, M.R, Petrosillo, I. and Selvan, T. (2020) Land use effect on butterfly alpha and beta diversity in the Eastern Himalaya, India. Ecological Indicators 110: 105605.
- Chettri, B. and Acharya, B.K. (2020) Distribution of amphibians along an elevation gradient in the Eastern Himalaya, India. Basic and Applied Ecology 47:57-70.
- Dhakal, P., Chettri, B., Lepcha, S. and Acharya, B.K. (2020) Rich yet undocumented ethnozoological practices of socio-culturally diverse indigenous communities of Sikkim Himalaya, India. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 249: 112386.
- Dewan, S., Darnal, N., Acharya, B.K., Subramanian, K.A., Chettri, B. and Jins, V.J. (2019) Effectiveness of organic terrace rice cultivation in conservation of odonates in Sikkim, Eastern Himalaya, India. International Journal of Odonatology 22: 207-222.
- Thakuri, B., Acharya, B.K. and Sharma, G. (2019) Population density and damage of invasive Giant African Snail Achatina fulica in organic farm in East Sikkim, India. Indian Journal of Ecology 46: 631-635.
- Dewan, S., Chettri, I.K., Sharma, K. and Acharya, B.K. (2019) Kitam Bird Sanctuary, the only low elevation protected area of Sikkim: A conservation hotspot for butterflies in the Eastern Himalaya. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology 22: 575–583.
- Dewan, S., Acharya, B.K. and Ghatani, S. (2018) A new record of the lesser-known butterfly Small Woodbrown Lethe nicetella de Nicéville, 1887 (Lepidop-tera: Nymphalidae: Satyrinae) from Khangchendzonga National Park, Sikkim, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 10: 11775-11779.
- Acharya, B.K. and Vijayan, L. (2017) Vertical stratification of birds in different vegetation types along the elevation gradient in the Eastern Himalaya, India. Ornithological Science 16:131-140.
- Acharya, B.K. and Vijayan, L. (2015) Butterfly diversity along the elevation gradient of Eastern Himalaya, India. Ecological Research 30:909-919.