Sikkim University Teachers’ Association (SUTA)
(The Executive Council of Sikkim University approved the constitution of the Sikkim University Teachers’ Association in its 16th meeting held on 17.03.2013.)
1. Name and Location
The full name of this Association shall be Sikkim University Teachers’ Association and abbreviated name will be SUTA. The office of the Association will be located in Sikkim University (SU), Sikkim, India.
Section 1 Purposes
The purposes of this Association shall be:
- To promote democratic functioning of the Sikkim University.
- To promote studies and discussion on academic and research matters.
- To advocate, secure, maintain and safeguard the rights and liberties of teachers and to help them fulfil their commitments.
- To take necessary steps to improve the conditions of service of teachers of the SU.
- To suggest, initiate and work for suitable legislation affecting educational and research policy with special reference to rights and responsibilities of teachers.
- To organize and administer and/or help in the administration of social security for teachers.
- To promote social harmony amongst the teachers, students and non teaching staff of the SU and to organize recreational activities for their benefits.
- To promote the objectives for which the SU has been established
- To protect the welfare of the teachers and their family
- Next >>